What is it?
All the Latin-inspired, dance/fitness moves of regular Zumba® but with added resistance from the water. You’ll jump, stretch and move to the beat of the music while pushing your arms and legs through the water. (One neat trick: You can adjust the level of difficulty by closing or spreading your fingers when pushing through the water. Open fingers provide less resistance while flat, closed palms make things a little harder.)
What’s in it for me?
- Increased lung capacity and bone density
- Endurance and flexibility
- Potential to burn 500 calories an hour
What should I wear or bring to class?
- Supportive swimwear is the best option. String bikinis are not likely to provide the support you need while exercising in the pool. You may also wear at T-shirt and shorts on top of your swimsuit, but it may limit your movements.
- Pool shoes and socks, if you need them to add more resistance to your workout.
- Water and a towel
How fit should I be?
This workout is completely beginner-friendly. No dance background necessary, just the willingness to move. Besides, the health benefits of Aqua Zumba are huge.
How often should I take a class?
It’s a low-impact exercise, so there’s no set rule. Let your body guide you.
Can I attend classes while pregnant?
Yes, as long as it’s OK with your doctor. Please contact us for details regarding required modifications for the safety of both you and your baby.