What is it?
A cardio fitness workout to music that mixes several forms of multiple martial arts, including karate, kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi and Muay Thai. But a Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee you don’t have to be.
What’s in it for me?
- Improved heart and lung function, which lowers the risk of heart disease
- A toned body
- Potential to burn 737 calories on average
- Better coordination, agility, core strength and agility
- Improved bone density and posture
- More self-confidence
What should I wear or bring to class?
- Comfortable workout clothes, including a Village Health and Wellness tee
- Gym shoes. Les Mills™ recommends cross-trainers over running shoes because they provide better foot support for the range of movements involved.
- Water to hydrate and a positive attitude
- Towel. We’re gonna make you sweat.
How fit should I be?
BodyCombat® is for everyone with moderate fitness levels. Coordination is not necessary, just the courage to try.
How often should I take a class?
It’s addictive, but we don’t recommend going full throttle too quickly. Best results require taking the class at least twice a week, three times if you’re ninja enough.
Can I attend classes while pregnant?
Yes, as long as it’s OK with your doctor. Please contact us for details regarding required modifications for the safety of both you and your baby.