What is it?
Designed for those who want to move at a much slower pace while increasing range of motion, strength and flexibility through gentle stretches and poses. No prior yoga experience is necessary.
What’s in it for me?
Practiced regularly, Gentle Movement and Stretch improves posture, balance, strength and coordination. It also:
- Relieves pain, stress and anxiety
- Increases lung capacity and improves circulation
- Relaxes the mind, muscles, tendons and joints
- Increases energy and stamina
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps the body eliminate toxins
What should I wear or bring to class?
- Comfortable, stretchy clothes that aren’t too baggy. Make sure they aren’t too hot, either. You will work up a sweat. Guaranteed.
- Most footwear works, but flat-soled, good-gripping, flexible shoes are best. You might prefer bare feet.
- Leave the jewelry home.
- Bring water to stay hydrated.
How fit should I be?
Recommended for all ages and fitness levels, Gentle Movement and Stretch is a fun and easy way to focus your mind, tone your muscles and relax your body.
How often should I take a class?
At least once a week in combination with Zumba® or yoga.
Can I attend classes while pregnant?
Yes, as long as it’s OK with your doctor. Please contact us for details regarding required modifications for the safety of both you and your baby.