What is it?
It’s more than a workout. It’s a party. Zumba® combines fitness and fun, using almost every muscle of the body as you shimmy, shake and stomp to hypnotic Latin rhythms.
What’s in it for me?
- Potential to burn between 600 and 1,000 calories
- Sculpts the entire body
- Relieves stress; some folks say it’s better than therapy
- Improves mood
- Builds endurance and improves coordination and posture
What should I wear or bring to class?
- Dress in comfortable fitness attire that’s easy to move in and can handle sweat.
- Wear sneakers that support dance movement. Think side-to-side movements and pivots rather than simple front-to-back moves.
- Good shoes can include cross trainers, dance sneakers, or even running shoes with a worn-out tread.
- Bring water and a towel.
How fit should I be?
You really don’t have to be. It’s perfect for all ages and fitness levels, plus it combats boredom to make exercise upbeat and fun.
How often should I take a class?
Starting out twice a week so your body and mind will begin to remember routines, and you’ll build your strength and endurance. Students who get really love it may show up three times a week. However, like any fitness program, it’s good to balance cardio classes with stretching, strength training and rest.
Can I attend classes while pregnant?
Yes, as long as it’s OK with your doctor. Please contact us for details regarding required modifications for the safety of both you and your baby.