Village Fitness Internship
The purpose of the Intern position is to assist with the operation and implementation of health and fitness programs, events, and services provided by Village Fitness. Interns will promote the mission of Village Fitness in action and spirit.
- Pursuing a degree in Exercise Science, Wellness Health Promotion, or a related health field
- Experience and interest in the fitness/wellness field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to deliver presentations
- Must possess good organizational skills and be efficient in multitasking
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing, and diverse environment
- Current CPR certification
- Full or part-time student in good academic standing
- Recent medical examination as required by the academic department
- Hepatitis B Vaccination (or declination)
- Adherence to the appropriate internship handbook as outlined by the sponsoring academic institution
- Submission of a final portfolio to the VF Facility Director and Internship Supervisor from sponsoring academic institution.
Essential Duties/Job Responsibilities
- Provide mentorship and fitness coaching for members and guests of Village Fitness as needed
- Assist in compiling participation data and the completion of necessary reports
- Perform fitness evaluations for fitness program participants and personal training clients
- Summarize and interpret fitness test data and prescribe cardiovascular and strength exercise programs for healthy individuals
- Job shadow a VF Personal Trainer and train a minimum of one client
- Successfully complete the VF staff training program
- Work in the Fitness Center as needed
- Develop and/or implement at least one special program/event each semester for VF members related to exercise/wellness.
- Job shadow a VF Group Fitness Instructor
- Demonstrate ability to teach a minimum of one group exercise class format through team teaching, subbing, or placement on the group fitness teaching schedule
- Prepare and deliver a minimum of one health/wellness educational program each semester to VF members
- Contribute to the marketing of all fitness and wellness programs and services through website promotions, newsletter articles, table events, social media, etc.
- Instruct special fitness programs as needed
- Implement Village Fitness emergency procedures as necessary
- Assist VF staff with general day-to-day duties of the office and gym cleanliness
- Participate in each group exercise class format a minimum of two times per format, conduct class and instructor evaluations
- Observe a minimum of two health and wellness educational sessions provided by VF Training Staff and contribute to the programs as necessary
- Attend all regularly scheduled office hours and meetings
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon by the Practicum Supervisor, VF Facility Director, and student
- Directly reports to the VF Facility Director
- This is an unpaid internship. To reach the required number of hours for the experience, interns typically work 8-15 hours/week
- This is a two-semester internship opportunity, with the potential for hire after successful completion.
Interested and qualified individuals should send a resume and cover letter, including a minimum of three references (may be work or academic) to:
Village Fitness, Attn: Jason Usry, Facility Director, 440 Society Hill Drive, Aiken, SC 29803
Emailed application materials must be in word format. Interviews will be conducted of qualified applicants prior to offering the internship position. Resume and cover letter may be emailed below.
It is highly recommended that you review and be knowledgeable of ALL content on our website before the interview.
Questions should be directed to Jason Usry, Facility Director (803) 645-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org new emailopens in a new window Apply Now! create new email